Membership and Forums
Who's Online

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grandpa!

re: APPROVED - App: Phixi - by Grandpa!

I'd like to have a chat with you ingame, Talk to Granosh when you catch me online..

//Granosh
Anoralix

Thank you for writing an apply to us. I'm glad that we get that we want - An experienced Warlock.
We will keep in touch with you during this Evening.
Take care, so far
Grandpa!

Hello mate, Thank you for applying to Minority, We will take a look at your application and come back to you tonight!

//Granosh
Phixi
In-Game Rank 9

re: App: Phixi

The application submitted by Phixi is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Phixion
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Stormreaver
Level : 85
Faction : Horde
Race : Undead
Class : Warlock
Spec 1 : Demonology
Spec 2 : Affliction

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Player:

- Character Name::
Phixion

- Class::
Warlock

- Spec::
Demonology

- Professions and skill level (Note any reasons for not having max level):
Tailoring and Jc 525

-Where are you from?:
Finland

- Age (be honest)::

Raiding and Experience:

-We raid Sunday, Monday and Thursday 18.30 - 23.00. We require 90% attendance, people will fail their trial if they are not able to make this. Are there any times in the near future where you will be unable to make these raid times?:
These are fine. Only sunday after christmas might cause some problems :)

-What is your current raiding experience to date (Include BC, Pre-BC and WotLK)? Also, what are your expectations and aims for Cataclysm as a raider?: :
I started playing wow less than year ago and had couple month break at summer. Started raiding 2 months ago and cleared normal Fl fast. Heroic shannox caused no problems and majordomo went donw easy too but then our guild cxhanged roster and some players went inactive and our progress stopped there.

Player:

-Explain your talents and glyph choices.:
Talents:

I have selected talents for a single target (3/31/7) fights to maximize my dps. Firelands i had 0/31/10 because i had to take care of the adds there so faster cast time on shadow bolt was useful. These talents are from elitist jerks and have worked fine on me. Only difference is that i put talents to Demonic aegis and not to master summoner to get some extra heal.

Glyphs:

Prime glyphs are for maximize my singletarget dps but major glyphs are more for survivability. Soul link good cause my pet takes some damage from me and if i run oom middle of fight i need to use life tap asap. Firelands we did not have that much cr so i used soulstone there. Other glyphs i have used are healtsone if there is some lack of healing and shadow bolt in fights where i must kill alot adds.

- What changes and aims do you have to maintain and improve your raid performance / knowledge of the game:
I read boss tactics from different forums/sites and discuss with my friends so i get as much information as possible. I watch videos from youtube too because those helps me to see and understand what kinda spells and skills bosses have etc. And there is different tactics to kill bosses (taking more or less stacks from some spells etc) so if my raid fails on one tactic i want to be ready if we change to some other.

- Please choose an encounter. Give a detailed account of your DPS cycle, Healing duties or Tanking requirements and any specific jobs in the encounter you would have to carry out.:
Hc majordomo when fights begins use all cooldowns so i get max dps when im close to him like immolation aura and shadowflame wich i cant use from long range. On cat form when boss is ready to jump start moving so if he targets me i have enough time to move away (or use teleport so i can instantly dodge hes leap). Then when we stack use shadowflame and if meta is ready immolation aura too but i didnt save meta for that because we usually took only 1 cleave. Keep dots up and nuke boss. At orb phase i took stacks from orb and there i had to be ready to talk with other raid members if boss leaps to me and cant get fast enough to take stacks etc so someone can replace me. And always had to be ready to cr someone fast if other members who had cr couldnt get there cause of leaps or other reasons.

- Why do you want to join Minority ?:
Your raid times are perfect for me because i really cant start raid much earlier (last guild started at 18:00). Im currently on guild wich has great players and i enjoy my time here but problem is most of here are irl friends who are working on same shop so most of the time when we should have raid someone is work etc and raid is canceled. We basically raid only 1 time a week 4 hour and then like two 2 hour raids. Good example is today when i logged in and we usually got raid at 18:00 there was text that raid start 21:00 wich means we dont have much time to make any progress. I want to join guild that raids couple times a week and that they wont cancel raids every week. So we had good people, ok gear but only 1 time a week we managed to get everyone online.

-Do you have any players in the Minority that can vouch for you?:
No i dont think so.

-Tell us a bit about yourself.:
Im 23 year old man from Helsinki, Finland. I got 2 daughters and that is reason why i cant play much earlier. I dont have that much experience before Firelands but im quick to learn and i know how to play my class. I own brains too and that is most important thing in raids (dont stand in the fire etc :D).

Oh and my 2 spec is for pvp. I have only used demo in pve but if needed i can learn other pve spec too.

Do you have Ventrilo and a microphone?:
Yes

- Post a picture of your UI here. (If you don’t know what a UI is or you don’t know how to host an image of it, you should have stopped reading at the top of this thread). :
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/nimetnbl.png/

Im currently using wow own raid ui it works fine for dps imo. And deadly boss mods too.

- How do you feel about recieveing your loot via an officer loot system?:
Im fine with it.

Special Notes:

The trial period is a minimum of 1 week. After the trial weeks you will either be asked to leave or you will gain member rank.

If you would like to know how your trial is proceeding you can ask an officer in-game. You may be a

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Minority Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: